29 October 2010

Gratitude List 36 - 45

It's been a while since I've posted on this blog.  I really hate it too because I envisioned this blog as a blog of all sorts of radomey randomness from my daily life.  (Jonathan's life too, but he's not as into blogging as me.)  I've been busy lately.  I don't mind it when I'm busy, but I don't like when the business keeps me from doing things I enjoy.   I enjoy blogging.  I'm well aware that my thoughts are a jumbled up, incoherent, "hot mess".  (That's for Lindsay H.)  I also know that I'm neither eloquent or gifted at writing, but I still enjoy doing it.

I've been thinking about my Gratitude List here lately.  A continuing thought of mine has been how much I appreciate my friends from CrossFit Durham, so they're who I'm going to be thankful for tonight.

Here goes...

36.  We're all from diverse backgrounds (E.g., military, corporate trainers, lawyers, teachers, doctors, students, housewives, photographers, small business owners, architects, anthropologists, mathematicians, scientists, straight, gay, lesbian, religious folks, non-religious folks, liberal, conservative, etc., etc., etc.,), yet we all blend together really well at the gym.  We're like a real life melting pot.
37.  I appreciate the open and honest conversations that I am able to have with many of the athletes regarding pretty much anything you can think of.  Many are CrossFit related, but many aren't as well.
38.  I love that there is very little jealousy in our gym.  If there is I don't hear about it or ever tend to notice it.
39.  I'm a big fan of how most people focus on working out and working hard instead of spreading silly, childish, unimportant, time wasting gossip.
40.  I'm thankful for the athletes who always, no matter what, work their tails off.  Every singe day I'm inspired by someone.
41.  I'm thankful for my friends who encourage me to become a better coach by compliments, observations, and suggestions.  I love coaching CrossFit just as much (probably more) than doing CrossFit, so it's important to me that I always improve as a coach.
42.  I am very thankful that most of the athletes respect me for expecting a lot out of them.  I don't know what I would do if I had a bunch of babies in class... probably just dish out lots of OHS as their punishment.  Haha.
43.  I appreciate the athletes who aren't afraid to hold me accountable to the high standards that I hold everyone else to. 
44.  I love that many of us are not only friends at the gym, but outside the gym as well.
45.  I double heart the enthusiasm and encouragement the athletes have for each other.  Again, this goes back to the not being jealous thing.  (A former gym that I belonged to had that issue and it wasn't fun to deal with.)

That's my list for now.   (Oh cow.  I have a long way to go before I reach 1000 things!)  There are honestly so many more reasons why I love the people at CrossFit Durham.  Everyone is friendly, super cool, and always so willing to help each other.  I could go on and on about that gang if I really wanted, but I'm getting tired now and what I'm really wanting is my bed.   :)

See ya later my little ghouls and goblins.

This is what an angry ribbon dancer and a scary
inmate look like.... Obv.

~Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment